What is TVMS?
Everysens' TVMS (Transport Visibility & Management System) is a collaborative real-time transport visibility management platform for rail freight. It uses innovative technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analysis and GPS data from physical sensors to provide complete and accurate supply chain visibility.
The platform tracks the location and status of freight shipments at every stage of the supply chain, from departure to final delivery. The TVMS enhances the quality of service by promptly detecting potential incidents and offering real-time solutions.
TVMS improves service quality by quickly detecting incidents and providing real-time solutions, ensuring efficient and reliable transport management.
What differentiates a TVMS from a TMS?
A TMS is an advanced logistics platform that leverages technology to assist companies in efficiently strategizing, implementing, and enhancing the transportation of goods, encompassing both incoming and outgoing shipments. It also guarantees adherence to regulations and provides access to the necessary documentation like consignment notes.
In addition to what a TMS offers, the TVMS provides the opportunity for shippers, freight forwarders and rail undertakers alike an access to real-time field data. Operational teams receive real-time alerts, are immediately informed of incidents occurring during transport, and can provide end customers with increasingly precise visibility of their deliveries.
With this real-time visibility, the TVMS shares strong similarities with RTTVP (real-time transportation visibility platform).
In addition to the advantages of a TMS, TVMS offers real-time access to field data.
How can a TVMS be useful to shippers?
The use of a TVMS:
- Facilitate collaboration with partners by centralizing and simplifying exchanges: phone calls and endless Excel spreadsheets are replaced by a collaborative platform.
- Ensures optimized service quality by providing reliable, comprehensive data for transport execution: GPS location, geofencing administration, real-time fleet inventory and reliable ETAs for optimized service level agreements.
- Enables automated optimization of transport plans. AI-driven algorithms fine-tune transport schedules according to priorities such as cost, carbon footprint or customer satisfaction.
- Automate the repetitive day-to-day responsibilities of operational teams. Thanks to the digitization of transport contracts and the automatic creation of waybills, teams can finally devote more time to high value-added tasks.
- Facilitate the management of carbon impact in logistics decisions by optimizing loading, choosing the best route, comparing the carbon performance of service providers, monitoring progress towards environmental objectives...
TVMS guarantees shippers better collaboration, greater visibility, automation and improved environmental performance.
In summary, the TVMS offers shippers easier collaboration, optimised quality of service, automated transport planning, streamlined operations, and simplified carbon impact management. These benefits enhance efficiency, visibility, and sustainability within the logistics process, ultimately resulting in improved operational performance and customer satisfaction.