The delivery of a parcel can involve more than 100 interactions and 30 people worldwide. Over the years, this logistics chain has become increasingly complex. Added to this are the new demands of consumers for greater speed and efficiency. This is why good information management is essential in order to meet the needs of consumers and prevent situations that could lead to disruption of the supply chain.
Therefore, in order to optimise this supply chain, it is essential to measure its efficiency through KPIs.
KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) are real performance levers for the company and indispensable tools for strategic decision-making.
What are the 8 key performance indicators to follow in logistics?
- Stock rotation: Calculate the number of stock renewals over a given period.
- Asset fill rate: Visualise the number of empty transports carried out in order to reduce them as much as possible. Thanks to the monitoring of this KPI, optimise your rounds.
- Cost of transport: Calculate the cost of transport in relation to sales made.
- Delivery time: Deliver your sales on time (from order confirmation to delivery). Customer satisfaction depends on it.
- Average operation time: Optimise and make the most of the journeys made.
- Fuel consumption: Optimise the number of kilometres driven.
- Dispute rate: Track your goods to avoid hazards.
- Best served geographical areas: Plan, execute and optimise your routes taking into account several factors: traffic, fuel costs etc.
The logistics dashboard: a complementary and indispensable tool
Once all the indicators have been identified, it is interesting to put all the data on the same platform. The logistics dashboard is an excellent tool. This tool allows the analysis and centralisation of all information flows. All of these KPIs grouped together in the same tool allow the supply chain manager to have an overall view of his performance. Thanks to this tool, he will be able to identify anomalies in order to modify them - to ultimately improve the performance of his company.
Everysens offers a predictive and collaborative visibility platform to plan and monitor all supply chain flows in real time.
Ask for a demo of our platform!