Wagonload logistics is complex: deliveries from various shippers are assembled to form complete trains, and the shipper then receives only discontinuous information. The deployment of the Everysens solution was carried out on 3000 wagons, of the coil carrier, hot coil carrier and bundle carrier types, on which the IoT (Internet of Things) sensors are installed. By crossing the static data from the information systems with the data collected directly from these 3000 wagons, Everysens provides ArcelorMittal with reliable and relevant logistics information.
ArcelorMittal chooses Everysens' solution to monitor its European wagon fleet.
ArcelorMittal's logistics management objectives
- Improve customer service quality
- End-to-end control of the rail fleet
- Increased visibility of its deliveries
- Improved efficiency of the wagon fleet
- ETAs on its international transport
Main benefits of the project for ArcelorMittal